Unlocking The Secret To A Pest-Free Home In Bryan
January 30, 2023
Texas is home to a wide range of pests. While most of these animals like to keep their distance, some of the pests are able to easily make their way into your home. At Entec Pest Management, we have been providing comprehensive pest control in Bryan for years. Our locally owned company has a team of experienced technicians who know how to identify and eliminate all of the common pests that are found in this area.
Pests Can Plague Bryan Homes All Year Long
Bryan is known for its hot and humid summers and its short and mild winters. Because the temperatures stay above 60 degrees for most of the year, there are several types of pests that stay active all year long. Here is a look at some of the pests that are commonly found in Bryan homes:
- Cockroaches: American, German, and oriental cockroaches are commonly found in this part of Texas. These small and filthy insects will invade your home in search of food and water. Most of the time, they will find a safe spot in your attic or between your walls to live in. They have a high reproduction rate, which means that you could have a full infestation in just a few weeks.
- Termites: Subterranean and drywood termites are the two termite species that are most commonly found in Texas. Both of these species can cause a lot of damage to your home or wooden structures in a short amount of time.
- Ants: Carpenter ants are commonly found in this area. Like termites, this type of ant also likes to consume wood and can cause damage to the structural integrity of your home. Fire ants are another common species in this area. Fire ants are able to both sting and bite humans and pets and can cause severe allergic reactions in some people.
- Spiders: While there are several hundred different species of spider in this area, there are only two types that can be deadly to humans. The black widow and the brown recluse both have venom that can be harmful to humans.
- Rodents: Mice and rats are both known to cause problems for Bryan residents all year long. Once these tiny mammals have invaded your home, it can be extremely difficult to get rid of them.
All of the pests on this list can easily sneak into your home. They don't need you to leave a door open for them. Instead, they make their way inside by finding small gaps and cracks in your home's exterior walls.
Do Pests In The Home Cause Health Threats?
Rodents, cockroaches, ants, and many other pests all have the ability to spread dangerous diseases and viruses to you and your family. These pests spend their days crawling over garbage, fecal matter, and many more unsanitary surfaces. If they happen to walk over your food or food preparation surfaces, they can easily pass the harmful bacteria onto you. Some of the illnesses that you may catch by having these pests in your home could include:
- Streptococcus infection
- E. coli infection
If you notice any pests in your home and you start to experience weakness, nausea, fever, muscle cramps, or any other unusual symptoms, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
Six Simple Yet Effective Pest Prevention Tips For Around The House
All of the common pests will try to come into your house in search of food, shelter, and water. The key to keeping these pests out of your home is to make these necessities inaccessible.
If you want to prevent pest infestation in your home, try these six tips:
- Seal up any cracks or gaps around your home.
- Keep all food in airtight containers.
- Keep a lid on your outdoor trash cans.
- Keep your outdoor trash cans away from your home.
- Don't leave piles of firewood, cardboard boxes, or other debris next to your home
- Eliminate all standing water in and around your home. This includes fixing any leaky pipes, cleaning up spills right away, and wiping off the sinks and countertops regularly.
While these tips can help you prevent a wide variety of pests, sometimes DIY methods aren't enough. When pests invade, it's time to call the pros.
The Stress-Free Way To A Pest-Free Bryan Home
Getting rid of pests on your own can be extremely challenging. If you are having a problem eliminating pests from your Bryan home, you will need the help of a professional home pest control specialist. At Entec Pest Management, we take the safety and well-being of our customers seriously. When you schedule an appointment with us, we will thoroughly inspect your home and property. We then come up with a comprehensive plan that is sure to eliminate all pests for good. Call us today for a free estimate!