The Struggle With Rodent Control In Bryan
February 15, 2023
Rodents are a nuisance that no Bryan homeowner wants to deal with. Unfortunately, rodents are some of the most common pests found in the United States, so spotting them in or around your home isn't unusual. For rodent pest control in Bryan, call Entec Pest Management for pest control you can trust.
How Can I Tell If Rodents Are Damaging My Home?
Before seeking professional rodent control, you may want to be completely sure that it's rodents that are damaging your home and not any other type of pest. If you don't know how to tell if rodents are damaging your home, here is a short list of three common, different types of rodents along with some key facts about them:
- Squirrels: You most likely have squirrels damaging your home if you hear scampering or scratching noises, especially if those noises are coming from your attic. You may also find air vent damage, teeth marks, and nests in your insulation. Another key sign of squirrels damaging your home is spotting squirrel droppings or squirrel footprints anywhere within your home.
- Mice: Mice are likely damaging your home if you hear noises coming from your walls, see damage to food packaging and furnishings, find mouse droppings, or see greasy or oily rub marks.
- Rats: Unsure if rats are damaging your Bryan home? Rats leave behind droppings, a foul odor, chew and gnaw marks on different materials, and nests. One or more of these signs can lead to the increased likelihood that rats are present on your property.
These are some of the most common ways that you can know if rodents are responsible for damaging your home. Rodents can end up costing Bryan homeowners thousands of dollars in costly repairs, so it's important to identify a potential rodent problem or infestation as soon as possible.
Why Rodents Are A Problem Inside Bryan Homes
Rodents are a problem inside Bryan homes because they carry diseases and cause property damage that can be expensive to repair. Squirrels, for example, can spread tularemia, typhus, ringworm, and other illnesses. They also create property damage, particularly in the attic, by chewing on wires, ripping insulation apart, and leaving their droppings and urine behind.
Similarly, mice can carry and spread diseases to humans and pets like hantavirus, salmonellosis, tularemia, and more. They also cause property damage to Bryan homes, by leaving their urine and feces around most surfaces, chewing through many different materials, and leaving oily rub marks against walls. Finally, rats carry and spread diseases such as salmonellosis, rat bite fever, and others due to their unsanitary nature and the parasite-ridden fleas and ticks often clinging to their fur. Rats can create some of the most costly property damage due to their constant chewing and gnawing, nesting, and the feces and urine they leave around your home.
Tips To Keep Rodents Away From Your Home
To keep rodents out of your garden, yard, and home, try following a few tips that you can implement all on your own. Here are some easy and useful tips for rodent prevention:
- Properly secure and seal all garbage cans and trash bins.
- Remove excessive moisture and invest in a dehumidifier if possible.
- Cut tree branches that are too close to your attic, roof, or anywhere else in your home.
- Never leave dirty dishes out overnight.
- Properly store all food to avoid contamination and prevent rodents from being attracted to your kitchen.
- Clean and vacuum frequently.
- Remove any spoiled fruit on the ground from fruit trees.
Applying these tips to your life can keep different rodents from being attracted to your Bryan home.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rodents And Keep Them Out
The best way to completely remove rodents from your home and to make sure that they never come back is by contacting the professionals. Our team at Entec Pest Management is happy to serve you and our community with the level of care that your home deserves. We are a local company that puts our teammates and our customers first in everything we do, and we provide nothing short of exceptional service.
For indoor and outdoor rodent control that gets the job done right, call our team at Entec Pest Management today. Make sure you call and request your free inspection or estimate today.