What To Do If You're Seeing A Lot Of Wasps Around Your Bryan Yard
August 30, 2022
If more wasps than usual have been flying around your Bryan yard, there's a good chance you have an infestation. These pests can be dangerous if they're allowed to thrive, so it's important to take action as soon as possible. The pest control experts at Entec Pest Management will discuss how to identify wasps, the dangers of an infestation, how to prevent them, and how to completely eliminate them with professional pest control in Bryan.
How To Identify A Wasp
Wasps are winged insects that are typically yellow and black. They can range in size from less than 1/2 an inch to over an inch long. They're often mistaken for bees, but there are a few key differences between bees and wasps. Wasps have thinner waists and their wings are attached at the back of their bodies. They also don't have the furry appearance that bees do. There are many different types of wasps in Bryan, but the ones you're most likely to encounter in Bryan are paper wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets.
The Potential Dangers Of A Wasp Infestation
A wasp infestation on your property can be dangerous for a number of reasons:
- Wasps are known to sting people and animals. A single sting can be painful and cause swelling. In some cases, it can even be life-threatening if the person is allergic to the venom.
- An infestation can quickly get out of control. Wasps reproduce quickly and an unchecked population can soon become a serious problem.
- Wasps will build nests on your property. These nests can be unsightly and they can also cause structural damage to your home or other buildings on your property.
If you spot a wasp nest on your property, it's important to call a wasp removal company like Entec Pest Management right away. We're professionals at residential pest control in Bryan, and we can safely and effectively eliminate the problem.
Five Naturally Effective Wasp Prevention Tips
There are a few things you can do to deter wasps from making their home on your property:
- Keep food and drinks covered when you're outdoors. Wasps are attracted to sweet smells, so it's important to keep them covered up.
- Trim back trees and bushes. Overgrown vegetation provides a place for wasps to build their nests.
- Remove standing water. Wasps need water to survive, so removing sources of standing water will deter them from your property.
- Keep your garbage cans clean. Wasps are attracted to the smell of garbage, so it's important to keep your cans clean and sealed tight.
- Call a professional pest control company for regular maintenance. This is the best way to prevent an infestation before it starts.
The best way to get rid of wasps in Bryan is to have a professional pest control company like Entec Pest Management treat your property regularly. We'll create a customized plan to keep wasps and other pests away from your home.
The Most Successful Wasp Control For Your Yard
If you already have a wasp problem, the best way to eliminate them is to call the pros at Entec Pest Management. We're highly experienced in dealing with all types of wasps in Bryan, and our services are 100% guaranteed. We'll identify the source of the problem and create a plan to eliminate the wasps. We can also help you prevent them from coming back in the future.
Wasps can be a real nuisance, but you don't have to put up with them. Call us today to schedule an appointment. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have and provide you with a no-obligation estimate. Let us help you take back your property from these stinging pests with our effective residential and commercial pest control services in Bryan.