What Every Bryan Resident Should Know About Spider Control
March 30, 2023
There are over 50,000 different kinds of spiders in the world. They are all predators, and actively hunt other insects. Some spiders build the classic webs we are so familiar with. Other spiders hide, then spring out on prey as it passes. Still other spiders are fast runners and chase prey down. The majority of spiders are venomous; most spiders only have venom that is concerning to their prey, but a few do have venom strong enough to trouble humans.
Spiders can be a difficult problem to address, but don’t worry. Entec Pest Management Inc. knows all about common house spiders, and the best ways to kill spiders. Call us today, for all of your Bryan pest control needs.
How Many Different Types Of Spiders Are There?
Although there are thousands of species of spiders all over the world, here are some of the spiders you are likely to encounter in Bryan:
- Southern house spiders: Love to make webs in small places and corners. They often nest in the corners between your ceiling and walls.
- Wolf spiders: These large spiders are expert sprinters, and they use that speed to their advantage when chasing prey. They're usually found on floors.
- Widow spiders: Prefer quiet areas and encounters are often accidental. Numerous types of widow spiders have venom strong enough to be concerning to humans.
- Brown recluse spiders: Recluse spiders number among the most venomous spiders you can face, but encounters are often accidental.
There are many types of common household spiders that can set their sights on your property, but only one company you need to call to get rid of them. Call Entec Pest Management Inc. for all of your spider control needs.
All The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
Web-building spiders often situate their webs near light sources, especially outside. Bugs seeking to reach the light get caught in the web.
Spiders that hunt by surprise like to dwell around food or water sources, waiting until the prey is up close to pounce.
Finally, spiders that run prey down tend to situate themselves where pest traffic is the highest, and that usually includes areas with food and water.
Common spiders in Bryan can be small or large and can find many different places to live in your home. Entec Pest Management Inc. knows all of their habits and behaviors. Call us today, and let our skill and professionalism come to your aid.
How Can I Prevent Spiders From Coming Into My Home?
Here are some tips to help keep spiders from coming into your Bryan home:
- Seal outside garbage. Open garbage is a bonanza of food for various insects, and spiders can’t resist the temptation to come after them. Seal garbage tightly.
- Seal your home. Insects will exploit every opportunity to come into your home and investigate. Spiders will come in too and will tend to stay if they find tasty bugs.
- Seal your inside food stores. Open or accessible food inside your house can draw bugs of many kinds. Spiders will then come inside to hunt them.
- Clean often. Many pest insects can survive on counter and floor crumbs. Cleaning your house well can eliminate bugs and the spiders that come after them.
These tips can help you minimize your chances of facing spiders. If you do see them, however, call Entec Pest Management Inc. today, so that we can help you get spiders out of your home.
How Do I Permanently Get Rid Of All The Spiders In My Home?
There are many different habits and behaviors among spiders, and all of them have different behavior and habits. Don’t try to figure everything out on your own. Contact Entec Pest Management Inc. today, and let us do the hard work for you.