Spider Control Made Simple For Bryan Residents
January 15, 2023
Texas is home to a variety of spiders, and while it can be quite alarming to see these creepy arachnids crawling around your home, the majority of the spiders in this area do not have venom that is considered to be dangerous to humans. However, even if a spider is non-venomous, it doesn't mean that it is completely harmless. If you think you have a spider problem in your Brazos County home, you will need an experienced Bryan pest control specialist. At Entec Pest Management, we understand the unique habits of the spiders in this area and know how to get rid of them fast.
How Many Different Types Of Spiders Are There?
There are more than 900 different types of spiders in Texas, but only two of them are dangerous to be around. Here is a look at some of the most common types of spiders that are found in Bryan homes:
- Wolf spider: This type of spider has a light-brown body with dark brown or black lines that run parallel down its back. There are also small dark markings sprinkled across its legs. They have eight eyes that are separated into three rows. The middle row features two large eyes that are easily noticeable. They can bite people if they feel threatened; however, they are not considered to be hazardous to humans. Unless you are allergic to its venom, getting bit by a wolf spider should not pose much of a risk.
- American house spider: This is one of the most common types of spider that is found in Bryan homes. The American house spider has a round, robust body that is usually yellow, gray, or brown in color and eight short legs. This spider likes to build webs in a garage or another area that has a lot of insect activity. They build webs to catch mosquitoes, flies, wasps, and other common insects.
- Jumping spiders: There are several types of jumping spiders in Bryan. However, they are all small and are usually between ⅛ of an inch and ¾ of an inch long. Despite their size, these spiders are extremely agile and can move quickly, and can jump up to six times their body length.
- Brown recluse: The brown recluse spider is one of two species that are considered extremely dangerous in Bryan. This spider is usually about the size of a quarter and has a light brown-colored body. This brown spider also has a distinct marking on its back that is dark brown and in the shape of a violin. If you are bitten by a brown recluse, you should seek medical help as soon as possible.
- Black widow: The black widow is the other spider that is dangerous in this area. The female black widow has a shiny black body and a red marking on its abdomen that is in the shape of an hourglass. Only female black widows are known to have a dangerous bite. If you are bitten by a black widow, you could experience fever, weakness, chills, nausea, headache, and other symptoms that could be serious if not treated by a medical professional.
While there are only two spiders in Bryan that are considered dangerous, most spiders can bite and inject venom into people, which could cause an allergic reaction. For this reason, it is recommended that you stay away from all animals that can inject venom into your body.
All Of The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
Most spiders are great hunters. However, they are not aggressive towards humans and will do their best to stay out of your way. Some of the places that you may find spiders hiding in your home could include:
- Under your bed
- Underneath furniture
- Inside of cupboards
- Inside old boxes
- Inside of shoes and other clothing that is not worn often
- Under and around piles of firewood
Most spiders like dark and damp places. Because they are so small, they have the ability to hide almost anywhere in your home.
Factors That Attract Spiders Into Our Homes
Like all animals, spiders need food, shelter, and water to survive. If they can find these things in your home, they will do their best to come inside. Some spiders are attracted to moisture, which is why it is common to find them in dark and damp basements. Other spiders are in your home because there is a consistent food source, such as a cockroach problem or other type of insect infestation.
Best Way To Get Rid Of Spider Infestations In Bryan Homes
Getting rid of spiders on your own can be an extremely difficult task. If you notice any spiders in or around your Bryan property, do not hesitate to call us today. At Entec Pest Management, we have the skills and the experience to safely remove all spiders from your home for good.